Skeptic Project

Your #1 COINTELPRO cognitive infiltration source.

Page By Category

Forum - Another twitter debate

Between a 2012er and 2012hoax

Tags: 2012, 2012hoax [ Add Tags ]

[ Return to Paranormal | Reply to Topic ]
Wolf BirdPosted: Sep 25, 2011 - 11:56
(0)

I shoot you dead.

Level: 9
CS Original
http://www.2012hoax.org/20091224-debate

This one is more on the paranormal aspects of 2012 (ancient calendars, Nostradamus, etc.) And worth a read...because it's absolutely hilarious.
#1 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
PathfinderPosted: Sep 25, 2011 - 19:17
(0)

This apple is your CT. Princess Luna represents logic.

Level: 1
CS Original
Ah, jackasses like that give me a headache, but kudos to the webmaster for attempting to debate him.
#2 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
Wolf BirdPosted: Sep 25, 2011 - 19:47
(1)

I shoot you dead.

Level: 9
CS Original
I personally enjoy the commentary on the right, he's pointing out all the bad logic and discussing how science works. The 2012er tries to use a FORUM as a good source for what will happen in 2012, and the low quality of this as evidence is left unaddressed. Same with using wikipedia...it's a good starting point, but why not try any of the cited sources on Wikipedia?

Most hilarious, however, is the 2012er's insistence that he's never heard of the archaeologist, Johan Normark, that 2012hoax keeps citing. There's the implication that because he's not heard of Normark, that makes him a dubious source. Normark hasn't earned a nobel prize (there isn't one for archaeology) so what does this scholar know about Mesoamerican calendars? Yet, Nostradamus, the people who make a living off his writings are credible, and people claiming that the calendar ends in 2012 are credible!
#3 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]