Skeptic Project

Your #1 COINTELPRO cognitive infiltration source.

Page By Category

Forum - International Community for Alien Research Evaluation

Tags: Aliens, Alien, UFO, I.C.A.R. [ Add Tags ]

[ Return to Paranormal | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Nov 29, 2012 - 01:18
(0)

I can't stop posting pictures of poop, what the fuck is wrong with me?

Level: 5
CS Original
I will be reviewing questionnaires, research results, and anything else on I.C.A.R. on these sites in the near future. For now check them out and be prepared to be entertained. If anybody wants to point out anything on these site or anything else post it up on this thread.

I will try to find a episode I listened to awhile ago where somebody they interviewed actually wore a tinfoil hat and was such a believer in wearing tinfoil hats he even had a website dedicated to making different types of tinfoil hats.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Website I will be reviewing about I.C.A.R.

International Community for Alien Research
http://icar1.homestead.com/

I.C.A.R. International Community for Alien Research, focusing on the truth of Alien abduction.
http://www.icar1.com/About_Us.html

International Community for Alien Research ,this site is dedicated to the ongoing global research of experiences.
http://icaresearch.tk/

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

My Evaluation of Research papers.

My evaluation of I.C.A.R. Now Project research Paper.
http://paranormal.skepticproject.com/forum/5442/international-community-for-alien-research-evaluation/#reply-d1a4f699
#1 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
emcadaPosted: Nov 29, 2012 - 02:16
(0)

Level: 0
Seriously why can't these people make decent looking websites? the only ones I've seen that actually made a decent website is Alex Jones and Mike Adams. After that, everything looks like it was horribly thrown together.
#2 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
CyborgJesusPosted: Nov 29, 2012 - 07:09
(0)

Level: 6
CS Original
Maybe they think CSS is code for Ceaselessly Satan's Servant?
#3 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
emcadaPosted: Nov 29, 2012 - 18:28
(0)

Level: 0
Continuously Serving Satan
#4 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]
The Burger KingPosted: Dec 14, 2012 - 05:46
(0)

I can't stop posting pictures of poop, what the fuck is wrong with me?

Level: 5
CS Original
Now Project research review at https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1Ly1-u0r4Q-G79j7-nXDdoRD4lUbMdRPG-xvNLMMnbwY

I'm going to make these evaluations very short so enjoy. I took my time to listen to some things I.C.A.R. puts out on there radio channel as well as well as read up on there ideological belief system. I.C.A.R. project research and questionnaires will be put on SP along with my evaluations.

First I'd like to note that there are two different versions of this Now Project research project. The first version of the Now Project research project is at http://paranormal.skepticproject.com/forum/4411/ufo-the-now-project-personality-type-research-project/ , I had found this hidden away on icar website. the new version is on the google hosted site. I can only assume that the one on the google host site is as revised version and therefore will keep the review on what I think is the most updated version. Although there is no indication on the site that this particular revised Now Project research is the updated one or that the paper had been updated at all.

Also the author who is November Hanson, admits she has no professional degrees therefore is not a expert and the research is entirely based on online questionnaires on the icar website.

The main premise of this research paper is based around what type of personality traits do alien believers have as compared to the general population. There are 4 different personality traits that this author talks about at which are the Artisans, the Guardians, the Idealist and, the Rationales. The author breaks down the four personality traits into sixteen subcategories.

According to Dr. David Keirsey there are four main personality temperaments people generally fit into. He identifies "the Artisans" as sensation seeking, "the Guardians" as security seeking, "the Idealist" as identity seeking and "the Rationales" as knowledge seeking. The big question here is where did everyone fit into these categories? Was it fairly equal across the board or was there one or two that overwhelmingly stood out?

The Idealists came out on top with forty-seven percent falling into that category. The Rationales were not that far behind holding thirty-eight percent of the responses. The Guardians had twelve percent and the Artisans only three percent. To see if this holds any real meaning we need to break it down further into the sixteen subcategories and do some comparing as to what percentage of the general population hold those specific traits compared to the individuals who responded to the survey.

To my understanding this study is mainly based off online questionnaires that is conducted at http://icaresearch.tk/. The Author goes into the reasoning behind finding out different personalities to alien abductees. This study was inspired by another small study called keirsey temperament.

4 main personality percentages. In short I will not actually go to much into the percentages of the 4 main personality traits mainly because I think the study is a bit subjective. When conducting research entirely online such as this your going to get a lot of frauds and crazies, at that the person conducting the study does not even link to the type of questions they were asking so they could deem them one of the 4 personality types. Maybe later on if I'm really bored I'll go through the 4 personality percentages based off this paper.

This paper is more like someone reading tarot cards or astrology but just more sophisticated. The biggest personality trait in this research is idealist trait that had 47% of people. Idealist are defined as being empathetic and people who are empathetic are most likely people who have been abducted by aliens (as said by Joe Montaldo of I.C.A.R.).

In general November Hanson conducts the study in a simplistic manner, meaning a lot of conclusions reached are based because that is rare therefore that must mean there special. November Hanson is apart of which is I.C.A.R. (International Community for Alien Research Evaluation), and members such as herself or Joe Montaldo among others will define things to how rare or special they are. In I.C.A.R. for example if you have O- then your a universal donor and therefore to I.C.A.R. you are more likely to be abducted by aliens versus if you do not have that special blood type. If you have green eyes then your aremore likely to be abducted. All of this is purely based off online questionnaires and these questionnaires are made by a person who has no credentials nor are the questionnaires reviewed by someone with academic background as well as there research (as far as I know)

In general I thought this particular research was painful in many ways. At least they included a reference list which references websites but no book books are academic journals.

Site review: I'll evaluate reference websites all in one shot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers-Briggs_Type_Indicator
http://www.keirsey.com/drdavidkeirsey.aspx
http://www.wischik.com/damon/Texts/myersbriggstrek.html

So when reviewing the websites references I was looking for something that would show me how they based there information off of to formulate there questionnaires at which I found but it seemed lacking. keirsey.com seems like a business website designed to group people together base don these four characteristics but reading the site reads like a info commercial than anything academic. wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers-Briggs has a very short explanation of Keirsey temperaments. wischik.com/damon/Texts/myersbriggstrek.html seems to be the best site but provides veryd etailed information on Keirsey temperaments but no references although the maker of the site is Damon Wischik who graduated from Cambridge with a PHD in . Statistical Laboratory.

In general from the reference list I was expecting more academic references and how one is suppose to conduct such procedures. Instead I get websites that do not go into much detail besides one of them going into detail about keirsey temperament. However when i did a google search I came up with way better websites such as wikipedia.org/wiki/Keirsey_Temperament_Sorter, youtube.com/watch?v=ENJNQuj_5-k or
usefulcharts.com/psychology/keirsey-temperaments-chart.html

To Conclude:

In general I.C.A.R. Project Now research projects fails on many levels. It attempts to look legitimate but the way it was carried out which is a online questionnaire as well as the person conducting the project lacking and credentials just makes this research project look not legitimate. I decided to not talk or not to go in depth with a statistical analysis on this paper although I did read through it, it's not worth my time to go poke at there stats unless it's to poke fun. In general this research paper reads very similar to if a person were to read there astrology. I would not take this research paper seriously.

I'm not fond of Keirsey temperament from what I read, as there isn't much evidence to really back up the claims that this does have validity to (I could be wrong on this).

I will be keeping a backup of the research paper on SP site just incase the site gets taken down.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Backup of NOW Project Research paper

The Now Project

By November Hanson

The Now Project is a continuation of my pursuit into compiling information that might be relevant in further study of the phenomenon of extraterrestrial experience, including, sightings, abductions and encounters.
I have always been interested in the unexplained. Perhaps it is the air of mystery that sparks that flame to pursue such a subject for me, or even a few of my own personal experiences I have not been able to attribute to the normal perceptual view of life.

As I stated in my earlier work concerning the Mosaic Project I have no professional degrees to back up my particular observations of data. I do however have a keen interest in seeing the subject of extraterrestrials and UFOs move forward. In my own mind there are various ways to put studies together and provide information to create further dialog. There has been very few if any delving into a variety of studies looking at different aspects concerning unusual phenomenon experience.

Many years ago a small group of people toyed with the idea of personality types and how it might relate to the subject of UFO's and extraterrestrials. At that time there were a limited number of individuals who identified their four letter trait in the setting of a small group. I do recall that there were several in that group that had similar personality traits. At that particular time it had not occurred to me that a larger study would be interesting to conduct.

Ten years later, I have found myself with the desire to pursue this subject more in depth. I picked personality types for two reasons. One being I have had the opportunity to work with the information in a different setting in the past and the other being the small informal study that was done several years ago.
I did hypothesize a larger study would show some relevant information that might be a small key to add insight to the entire UFO extraterrestrial experience. What I was not sure of was how the data might line up as to who fit in what category and how many would represent that particular type.
As before I will present a variety of ideas or observations I have made while collecting data on personality traits in relationship to those individuals with experience with a sighting, an extraterrestrial experience, or perhaps one just interested in the subject. I am in no way telling anyone what they should see in the observation or what they should feel to be valid. If I am researching a particular subject I do not like anyone telling me how I should view my own discoveries, nor do I want to tell anyone what they should see in the information. I do like input and other individual's perceptions.

So what exactly is 'The Now Project"? I did not give this project its name, someone else did, but I liked it and decided to keep it as is. It is a project looking at a basic personality trait survey, how people fit into a variety of personality styles and how it the data might be related to the subject of extraterrestrial/ UFO sighting experience. Having the opportunity in the past to work with this type of information I thought it would be interesting to see if there was any patterns or trends that showed up in this type of survey looking at individuals who have had sightings, encounters, or perhaps just an interest in the subject. So what exactly is personality?

According to wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn personality is defined as the complex of all the attributes--behavioral, temperamental, emotional and mental--that characterize a unique individual.
In the beginning one of the obstacles was a concern by individuals that they were being boxed into a certain type of category and would be viewed as it being the person's sole personality. In my experience I have found the personality traits more of a tool than a label. If people are honest with their answers to the specific questions asked it will place them into a category that is their best fit. This does not mean they do not hold traits in other categories. It is simply a predisposition or propensity to exhibit those types of traits.
I have always found the personality trait interesting. When I first worked with it I was amazed how accurate it was as far as how I was most likely to be represented by my particular type. Even more so I find it interesting to read about the other types. I personally felt it was a great insight into why others are who they are and that was perfectly alright. Many times in life we have said I wish so and so would do this or that. Perhaps we have even wondered why someone would react in a certain way that did not make sense to us. The bottom line is even with a personality survey with sixteen distinct types we are all still quite different.

In regards to experiences or interest in the subject of UFO and extraterrestrial life are we all really that different? Of course we will have our own unique way of looking at information, viewing the information and coming to conclusions. We do not even have to arrive to a conclusion. We can always leave a door open for additional information that may or may not sway or opinion in a different direction.
I currently have seventy-four responses and I figured that was certainly enough to start looking at the data and see if there were any notable trends and suggest some ideas as to why those trends might be prevalent. Remember you do not have to agree with me and might certainly have some ideas of your own as to what if anything this might all mean.
Statistics
Although I am often given more information than I asked for I am careful what I actually release. I think it is important to allow people who are willing to be involved in the research of such subjects their anonymity. One might ask how I know if someone is telling the truth. The simple answer is I do not. With that said I have found over the years when discussing UFOs or extraterrestrial life people are interested in trying to learn more, they are not interested in being someone's lab rat, sliced open, and subjected to examination under a microscope concerning their personal interests or won experiences.

We have all probably read a research paper, a book or some other article on a project undertaken that had multiple subjects to gather data on. It might have been a new medication test, how individuals react to stress, or some other fact finding endeavor requiring the study of a group of people. I have not seen where we are given the names and locations of people included in these studies therefore I do not feel it necessary to do so here.

Now how about addressing the always asked question concerning if I know someone is telling the truth or not. I have already indicated I do not. I tend to follow my own guidelines I have established over the years. I have had the opportunity to speak with people from all over the world about their experiences. What I have found personally is they are generally not attention seekers, are looking for answers or sometimes just simply to make a connection with someone else who has had the same experience. A sort of just wanted you to know I am out there and I am just as curious about the subject as you are.
I have encountered the attention seekers who are generally out there to fabricate an experience and clown around to get a rise out of people. They generally expose themselves rather quickly; luckily they are few and far between.

At the end of the day I found there were two options concerning any kind of research with this subject matter. One was to not proceed with any kind of survey because I might get someone who is not truthful about their experience. The other is to take a chance I can get enough valid data that anything fabricated would not be enough to really skew the possible outcomes.

If we do not take chances we will certainly not get anywhere in an attempt to learn more about the whole extraterrestrial phenomenon. Perhaps something done today may not be relevant at the time and could be later in the future. I suppose there is always the possibility that it was all for not to begin with, but in the pursuits there are so many other things to learn about along the way. For me personally this subject is such a grand gateway to learning about so many other things, I am perfectly fine with taking the risks along the way.

In the beginning of The Now Project I only asked a couple of questions. I wanted to know if someone had an experience, was a researcher, had a sighting only, or were just interested in the subject.
Of the seventy-four responses there were forty-eight who identified themselves as an experiencer. They may have used the term contactee, abductee or something else to put them in that category. The ones in this category may have also added themselves as having a sighting or being a researcher too. Only one individual simply stated they were a researcher. There were five people who only indicated they had a sighting. There were eight people who were just interested in the subject and twelve who did not give any information either way. I would imagine those twelve people must have had some interest in some form or fashion if they found out about the survey to begin with.

Although the U.S. was predominate in the survey having fifty-eight percent of the received surveys there were others too. Twenty-eight percent did not give an indication of where they were located in the world. There were twenty percent from other countries including Canada, England, South Africa, Scotland, Puerto Rico, and Sweden.

The reason why I asked for a location was to show that this particular phenomenon is not solely regaled to the United States. Of course I know of far more reports in other countries then the above mentioned these are simply the ones involved in this particular survey.

According to Dr. David Keirsey there are four main personality temperaments people generally fit into. He identifies "the Artisans" as sensation seeking, "the Guardians" as security seeking, "the Idealist" as identity seeking and "the Rationales" as knowledge seeking. The big question here is where did everyone fit into these categories? Was it fairly equal across the board or was there one or two that overwhelmingly stood out?

The Idealists came out on top with forty-seven percent falling into that category. The Rationales were not that far behind holding thirty-eight percent of the responses. The Guardians had twelve percent and the Artisans only three percent. To see if this holds any real meaning we need to break it down further into the sixteen subcategories and do some comparing as to what percentage of the general population hold those specific traits compared to the individuals who responded to the survey.

As an individual we generally prefer one thing over another. In the case of the Personality Survey there are four preferences where we would hold the propensity to be one or the other. Are we an introvert or an extravert? There is a few ways to define this; for me it is easiest to look at do I energize myself in groups of people or by myself. The next we could be prone to is being Intuitive or Sensing; best definition I can think of is am I abstract or concrete. Our next trait would be are we thinking or feeling which I best understand is do I use logic and reason or do rely on my value system to make decisions. The final category is Judging or Perceiving which for me is about organization or being spontaneous.

We have a propensity to be one or the other in each of the preferences which gives us our four letter identification code to unlock which Personality type category we fall into. There really is no right or wrong personality to be it is about what makes us so unique and similar at the same time.
Over the years through various studies depending on one's four letter identification a particular personality type is apparent. Again this does not mean I have stuffed you into a box and this is who you are it is about your tendencies. The bigger question in this survey is do people who have had an extraterrestrial experience, a sighting or just interested in life in the Universe and what it could all mean fall into a certain personality type.

The answer based on this study is the possibility exists and there are several intriguing trends to explore. Let's start with the main category of the four temperaments. The respondents top temperament was the Idealist, with the Rationale close behind. There were only a few identified as a Guardian and only one as an artisan.

One of the main identifying words of an Idealist is empathy. Oddly enough people who are interested in or had experience in this subject matter are empathic, creativity is another buzz word associated with this type and many people have equal creative passions aside from just wanting to know more about UFO's and extraterrestrials. There is about 8-10 percent of this type in the population as a whole.

The one that seemed less likely to command a large percentage is the Rational. These people are quite skeptical, rather technical and igneous, but they are also non conformist, no one will tell them what they will research or read about. There are about 5-7 percent of these people as a whole in the general population.
A few fell into the Guardian type and they are generally traditional. The first thing that comes to mind which I did not ask is do they have a religious belief they practice. Just because someone has had an experience or finds extraterrestrial and UFO interesting does not mean they are not a devout person of religious faith. The general population has 40-45 percent of this personality type.

Why is there only one Artisan? Perhaps because they are so spontaneous so an ET zeroing in to abduct them could not catch them. I am only kidding, I am not sure why just a single showing in this category. In the population at large there are 35-40 percent of the people represented in this category.
I suppose it is obvious the two least common personality types are also the ones that command the larger percentage of those polled for this survey which is rather interesting indeed. I can at least attempt to explore some possibilities. I am sure as people read along they too will have ideas and thoughts as to why there is a differential in percentages between the population at large and those interested in the UFO/Extraterrestrial subject compared to the general population.

The Four Letters

Now that we have the break down on the four main temperaments lets take a look at the types further broken down into their four letter identification code.

In the world of the ESTJ it would be define as being very concrete and based on facts. Only one involved in this survey has this personality identification. One might think this would not be a subject area they would be interested in alas; there is more than one way to look at this to see why the idea of UFO/Extraterrestrial would be interesting to them. If this person was an experiencer the concrete foundation might be; it happened to them and the fact is they know what happened. Another possibility considering they are also focused on family, community, and work is the revelation this experience has happened to someone close to them, someone they love and trust beyond reproach and this individual wants to understand how this could be possible. I make the latter statement because I have met many people who are interested in the field because someone close to them has had some kind of encounter. They trust them and want to believe, but have a hard time identifying facts and concrete evidence they need, so search for it. The possibility also exists that they are concerned about being blindsided by deceptive data. Perhaps they themselves have had an experience and for them it threatens their concept of security and social order. The very nature of extraterrestrials visiting Earth could be frightening to them. Keep in mind, this individual's reasoning may have nothing to do with what was suggested. I am merely looking at the subject from the point of view as to what is expressed by this personality type. (According to the Personality Type Newsgroup 13% of individuals would fall into this category)

The point is we are all individuals and view and understand the world around us from different vantage points. It does not make one right or wrong. As you read on you may find aspects of yourself or others you know. If nothing else perhaps an understanding on how this subject could be looked at depending on what outcropping of the rock cliff you are sitting on.

There was only one ESTP. My first thought was this person must be a researcher. This type is a doer, a risk taker and would probably not think twice about their subject of interest and their pursuit in locating answers. If they are an experiencer their reports would be invaluable because they are also highly observant, often picking up on nuances others might miss. (According to the Personality Type Newsgroup 13% of the people would fall into this category)

The ISFJ would be the individual I want working alongside of me. There are five people in this category from the survey. They have a strong sense of duty and responsibility, so I could trust anything I gave them to do would be followed through on. I also see this individual as being someone who has had an experience. They would be the quiet voice searching for answers and only sharing when they felt confident they could trust someone with their accounts of an extraordinary experience in life. This person would also look at a sighting and question themselves on the matter if it really happened. They would make a great researcher following their path of interest and being able to stay grounded in the process. In the survey four people indicated they were in this personality group. . (According to the Personality Type Newsgroup 5% of the people would fall into this category)

There is only one ENFP. This individual as a global thinker would make a great researcher. They would view this subject as important as a world investigation as opposed to focusing on a particular region. They are ready to move the subject into new directions and will appreciate the endeavors by others to do the same. As an experiencer they may seek information in a variety of venues and appreciate the opportunity to share with other individuals and be open to their ideas and interpretations. For someone simply interested in the subject and ideas for extraterrestrial research it might be their propensity to venture off into the future, what it might hold or what may come to pass. (According to the Personality Type Newsgroup about 5% percent of the population is in this category.)

There is one ESTJ represented in this survey. This one is a natural born leader and could no doubt single handle organizing an entire conference on the subject of UFO and extraterrestrials on their own. As a researcher they are only dealing with what they can prove as a fact undeniably and are pretty staunch about what they will entertain as far as what is and what is not worthy of research. As an experiencer they may feel their encounter relevant and important. For someone just interested in the subject generally with the propensity to deal with the here and now they could be observing others and their experience to try and understand how it could all be possible. (According to the Personality Type Newsgroup about 13 percent of the population would fit into this category.)

So far I have covered four personality types. Each one is unique. They could be a researcher, an experiencer, had a sighting, or just be interested in the subject. Regardless of the reasons of pursuing that interest their input is invaluable because of the unique perspectives that come with their personality types. Their thoughts opinions and views would assist in putting together the entire picture and offering different perspectives on how it should all fit together, where had everyone been grounded in one personality type the mass mosaic that makes up the subject of extraterrestrial and UFO studies would forever be missing some of its tiles.

The three ENTJs should present a powerful force in the pursuit of learning more about the UFO and Extraterrestrial subject. With the ability to remain balanced coupled with the natural born leader trait they may be writing a book, speaking at a conference or the head of a major corporation, or maybe not, but if they want to see the subject move into a future direction they should have the skills to achieve this goal. If they are experiencers; it did happen make no mistake about it and even though they may move quite naturally through their daily lives no one will tell them they did not see what they saw or experience what they did. . (According to the Personality Type Newsgroup 5% of the people would fall into this category)
The INTP category also has three responses. These people are concerned with the pursuit of truth. I tend to think in the subject of Ufology that is what most people want, but the INTP would be more direct about the chase for the truth. The researchers would no doubt be digging in every possible FIOA document they could obtain. These people may also be looking into the future and how the subject may play a role down the road. For an experiencer they would probably question what had occurred looking for other explanations, they might also be critical of others experiences if they did not match their own. For the person who is interested in the subject but may have no experience to base their interest it might be that looking into the future approach that drives them to learn more about the subject. . (According to the Personality Type Newsgroup 1% of the people would fall into this category)

There are four ISTJs identified in the survey. These are the folks you would like as your next door neighbor. They are just generally over all good people. As a researcher they are grounded in facts and are not likely to look at the wide aspect of people involved in Ufology, more than likely stick to the reading material that can support what the person is attempting to explain. As an experiencer relating an incident they will more than likely just stick to what happened and not add additional details to the event. As someone interested in the subject they may see it is an emerging interest in the world today and curious as to where it might go. . (According to the Personality Type Newsgroup 6% of the people would fall into this category)

There are eight individuals in the INFP category. As a researcher they are probably looking at the subject from the viewpoint of their own values. They are also more willing to look at a wide variety of data injected into the UFO community. As an experience they are probably cautious about whom they chose to share their story with, yet may have a need to know they are not the only one and make those connections. They may also go in their own personal pursuit with their own path in mind on how they will approach it. The person just simply interested in the subject is probably looking at possibilities. Could it be real? (According to the Personality Type Newsgroup 1% of the people would fall into this category)
ENFJ has ten people representing this category from the survey. As a researcher these people would be outstanding at gathering information, even from sources that might not be so willing to disclose. They are people oriented and others would be comfortable in their presence. If the subject of UFO's or people who have had experiences interest them they would be adept at locating information related to the subject they wish to write or speak about. As an experience they may need acceptance from others who too have had experiences and be able to genuinely identify what others feel about their own experiences. If this is someone interested in the subject they might be interested in why others are interested and explore the subject from that point of view. . (According to the Personality Type Newsgroup 5% of the people would fall into this category)

There are twenty-one INTJ's. As a researcher these people are insightful they can follow patterns and leads and determine what is going to lead to a dead end and what is worthy of pursuit. They do not have to understand if the concept is real necessarily but will find useful ways to apply the notion of UFO's and Extraterrestrials in a real world application. These people are good observers and think globally. Oddly enough they are also natural leaders but generally prefer the background unless they see a real need to step up to the plate. As experiencers they will probably constantly question their experience, always asking questions of others and themselves. They also have a high value of intelligence and have an insight to the big picture. They may come up with answers others cannot see. As someone just interested in the subject of Ufology as one thinking in future terms it may be a subject they see as being an insight into that future. Keep in mind someone else reading the different personality traits and styles of being may come up with more or even disagree with some of my ideas. It can be somewhat subjective. (According to the Personality Type Newsgroup 1% of the people would fall into this category)

There are seventeen people who indicated an INFJ personality type. As a researcher these people are very intuitive like the INTJ's they are globally minded, considering the bigger picture and quite capable of putting information together in an organized manner, identify patterns and make connections. As an experiencer these people would also be intuitive to the point they may have some indication of events before they happen. They would probably be active in looking for others that have similar experience but if conflict arose they would most likely agree to disagree not wanting to get bogged down in a conflict. As someone interested in the subject they are a complex person and it might be hard to ascertain why they are interested. They may want to keep their ideas to themselves. (According to the Personality Type Newsgroup 1% of the people would fall into this category)

Five categories are not even represented those would be the ESFJ (13), ESFP (13), ENTP (5), ISTP (5), and ISFP (5). The numbers in parentheses identify the percentages of the population according to the Personality Type Newsgroup. I am inclined to think there could be many reasons why these types are not represented. There are those who live in what the world presents today based on current known facts and what is occurring right now. They may not consider what is going on tomorrow or the next day. This ideology may be representative of the ESFP and the ISTP. The idea of life beyond our own planet though could be a passing interest is not something they may be interested in exploring. For the ISFP and the ESFJ it might be as simple as the relationship of their world is based on their own value system and the idea of life beyond Earth is in conflict with those values so it might not be an interest that would be pursued. I would have expected the ENTP to be represented due to the interest in the world at large. One possibility could be the pursuit of interest is based on experience and unless hey have had an experience in this subject area like a sighting or a contact experience they just simply would have no interest. Of course these are only ideas there is no concrete way to establish why these five are not represented.

Temperature Rising

Personality types are interesting as in the concept of further breaking down the types into sub categories. So far I have looked at the four main temperaments and the individual four letter identification of the types. A further break down would bring us to temperament groups that people fall into based on their four letter personality identification.

Dr. David Kiersey's work posits personality types can be further broken down in what he calls Temperament Groups. There are two main delineations one being the "Expressive" and the other being the "Attentive" The sixteen temperaments fall into one of these two categories.

In my understanding of expressive people would be able to identify their wants and needs and have others understand their desires. In this particular survey of the 16 temperament groups the following fit into the "expressive" category; Teacher (15%), Field Marshall (4%), Supervisor (1%), Promoters (1%), and Champion (1%).

The attentive individuals in my opinion would be people who pay attention to details and are of a caring nature towards others. In this survey of the 16 temperament groups the following fit into the "attentive" category; Mastermind (30%), Counselor (23%), Healer (11%), Inspector (6%), Architect (4%), and Protector (4%).

Although it is obvious the majority of the people in this survey fell into the "Attentive" category the only real meaning I could see her is simply approach to the subject. I tend to lean towards the more representation you have when researching a subject the better. This group of people would have the varying points of view to observe. I further believe this expresses an idea of the subject of Ufology is more about research than some type of belief system.

The other thing that comes to mind looking at the percentages of people involved is the idea of community. In a community you need a variety of individuals to effectively operate a successful productive environment. Looking at this survey and the idea of Ufology as a community it has a representation of a wide variety of mindsets to move in a productive direction to build and sustain the community. I have frequently heard the term "UFO Community" this survey may show the reason why this reference is made.

Now this community would be slightly different than your ordinary town. For one the population percentages representative seem somewhat backwards to what we would normally find. I will start at the top and work my way through the various groups using the community concept to see how this might work.

Keep in mind this is coming from the perception of my insight. Someone else might look at this and have a different opinion. That is fine remember I am not ever telling anyone what they should think or how they should approach the subject.

I am of the mind statistical driven reports do not have to be boring. I will give a name to this UFO community I am constructing based on personality surveys. Let's call this hypothetical community based on personality survey data Esperienza.

In Esperienza the majority of the population has the "Mastermind Temperament". Imagine a place where the majority of the people are independent and science minded. We would not find this type highly represented in other communities. They would be working independently on connections they find or perceive to be in the study of UFO's and experience. They would be members of the community with a rather odd sense of humor because they can accurately pull information from what appears to be unrelated subjects and make connections worthy of looking more in depth at. They might be the venue in which other people approach them to entertain ideas on subjects such as ancient history, modern science and modern medicine and pursue their opinion on if a connection could legitimately be studied. For instance, is there information that would build a case that UFO sightings have occurred throughout history?

The "Councilor Temperament" is the next representation in the community of Esperienza. In a regular community they are not highly represented. These people make a nice addition to the community if one can get to know them. They are guarded with their experiences and will only share when they feel they can trust someone else. They are very caring and have a powerful insight to the human condition. They are a great asset to the masterminds because they can assist them in reaching their full potential and offer a more considerate caring nature in obtaining viable information for study from other individuals.

So far 53 percent of Esperientzian's are individual, insightful and well organized in their pursuits.
A community could not be complete without its "Teacher Temperament". This is the group that can effectively bring the rest of the group together at the same table. I could easily see these folks as the organizers of conferences, group meetings, and encouraging participation. With their busy life organized energy they can inspire the others to continue pursuit in a positive way. These may also be the bridge builders offering expansion into other communities in creating positive venues to learn about the subject of UFO's and Experience.

In our community of Esperienza we have 69 percent of the population represented. In the usual community of humanity this would so far only represent 7 percent of the population.

Any successful community would need its "Healer Temperament". They are going to care about everyone within. They would be good moderators for debates in the subject keeping people moving in a orderly direction. The might also find themselves to be the person that others whine to about what is occurring in the community such as who is right, who has the wrong approach, etc.

At this time we have 79 percent of the Esperienza represented. In the general community at large we only have 8 percent of the community. It is almost as if you took the norm and flipped it upside down. In the past without the internet this community would have had difficulty growing because its citizens are too far from each other to collaborate and organize.

While following the idea of the community concept the next group would be the "Inspector Temperament" they might focus on who is working on what area of the community. They would be inclined to set guidelines for the area of research and expect other to follow the guidelines.

The next group would be the "Field Marshall Temperament" and might very well be the leaders in the community. This community would need very few leaders and in my opinion that would be a positive outcome. It would allow the others to pursue their ideas and unique areas of interest in the subject of UFO'S and extraterrestrials at large. If there was a peer review body in the subject of information in this subject these people would be an asset on the board.

All communities need their "Protector Temperament" to assist the others as they present new ideas. They are not particularly interested in change so in that aspect there might be some problem allowing the subject to move forward, however they are also well grounded and for those who have took the subject too far out into the cosmos they might make a good reasonable grounding cable.

With the last three added to the community of Esperienza we now have 93 percent of the community represented. In the population at large we have 25 percent accounted for. We are still fairly upside down considering the norm.

Although not highly represented in this survey we do have a "Supervisor Temperament". These people would have a leadership role. These individuals would be valuable in organizing conferences and be quite successful at that endeavor and give venue for the other more independent researcher's a method to present their information. These people would also be great on a board of rev because they are not highly represented in this community and could offer insight someone might overlook.

The 'Promoter Temperament" of the community will take action and have fun doing it. They will find ways to present information that no one would have ever considered. They will work hard in their endeavors in support of Esperienza.

The "Champion Temperament" in this community is probably the individual out there public with their experience. They want people to know and do not feel a need to be guarded.

We now have the whole community represented at 100 percent while only seeing 56 percent of the rest of the population. So what happened to the other 44 percent of the population? Is there one variable they might have in common that would keep them from participating in this UFO community?

I cannot find one sole reason as to why the others are not represented. Keep in mind this is a survey of 74 people so may not be a final representation of the UFO Community. I have found two items that might show the non representation of the other personality types.

In our community at large you want to thank these people profusely. The "Inventor Temperament" and the "Crafter Temperament" are those responsible for the construction of our community. They are the ones that have provided our architecture, our inventions, our hand crafted items. I will hazard a guess they are grounded in what they can see and feel from a very solid perspective.

The "Composer Temperament" and "Performer Temperament" are those that provide our entertainment. In the field of Ufology people are not looking to be entertained; they want to explore. In everyday life people do like to be entertained and support this category just as well as anyone else.

The oddball out is the "Provider Temperament" and I would have expected to see a representation in this category. They are under the Guardians and the other three traits in that category were represented. The one thing I can see possible is they like to entertain and again in Ufology people do not necessarily want to be entertained. It might be possible that these people love charity work and those in the UFO community do not need for this type of assistance in their pursuit for information. Keep in mind our everyday society needs these people; they are absolutely invaluable.

Art of Experience

So far I have mostly focused on researchers and community. Looking at the Portraits (identified in Dr. David Kiersey's personality trait models) of those involved in the survey I will take a look from an experience point of view. I do know many people involved in the survey have had an experience of some kind, while referencing information provided in the Portrait let's look at what it might tell us about those individual's.
I am not looking at defining a definitive conclusion of those individuals with an experience such as a sighting, abduction, a chance encounter, or some other type of experience that may be related to visitation. The data does not provide a clear picture on who is one of the individuals that is an experiencer. I will provide the percentages of who identified themselves as such and how the others fell into what they identified themselves as. I do know many people have had some kind of experience, but really are unclear as to what occurred and even f it was some kind of encounter. These individuals I generally see as an explorer. They are looking at possibilities. Keep in mind the next section is opinion; someone else might look at the same information and form different perspectives or conclusions. The purpose of a project like this is to create dialog and further research looking at the idea of UFO, extraterrestrials and the idea of visitation from a different point of view. It is not my position to tell anyone what they should believe, how they should feel about, or what information they should pursue in their own pursuit to define their own personal experiences.

When people responded 47 percent identified themselves as having some kind of experience, 43 percent gave no information either way, 9 percent implied they were simply just interested in the subject, 1 percent said they were just a researcher.

There are some common threads. One idea I was fairly certain that would show a high percentage is those individuals with a global mind. Over the years when speaking with individuals one thing I noticed is the idea of a global perspective. The idea as the planet we live on as being holistic and not feeling any real particular divisions as in boundaries on maps or cultural divisions. We are one species with one home and it should be viewed that way keeping in mind the reality of today's date in time and society as a whole is not ready for that. I am not talking the idea of a one world government, more so the idea of finding what we do have in common and making that a primary focus. A great deal of these individuals also tends to look at the future as in what may be or possibilities to come and have a desire to explore life from this point of view. I was not surprised to find that 90 percent of the people in this survey would fit into the category defined above with the key elements of global and possibility being the root foundation. I would also like to note that many people I have spoke with did not define a particular global view or a real interest until after an experience had occurred. They may have had the propensity to look at the world this way but it did not become insightful until the experience happened.

Another common thread would be the intuitive nature of people in this category. In the survey 66 percent of the people who responded have a high degree of intuitiveness. They have an inner sense of perceiving the world around them including the people in it.

I also felt it important to note that 34 percent of people in this survey are those in society who put others above themselves. They have that need to want to see others shine and succeed and care about the general well being for humanity as a whole.

I thought it was interesting that 3 percent of the people in this survey were those who live in the here and know and want to take life for what it is at the moment. They would consider reality as being what we know today as opposed to considering what it may manifest into in the future.

Keep in mind there is no one right or wrong personality. As in needing a viable gene pool to provide for diversity in evolution I believe we need a viable pool of personalities to keep life diverse and interesting. Each one adds to the holistic view of the human condition and all have an important role in this thing we call life.
In the end this survey did show some compelling patterns concerning people involved with the subject of UFO'S and extraterrestrials. I see it as a small piece of developing a mosaic that may someday provide some answers or even raise more questions about the approach of research in a subject that seems to be as vast and endless as the Universe itself.

In the subject of UFO'S and extraterrestrials people might have a propensity to be guarded in what they share or how they really feel about their experience. They may feel isolated in their attempt to find someone whom they can relate too about what has happened. They may feel a limited amount of people who may truly understand his own pursuit in path in life. This survey may shed a glimmer of light as to why.
Consider a painting by a brilliant artist. The painting in itself is of a table in a room with an open window shedding some rays of light onto a bowl of fruit sitting on the table. In the painting an artist also included a tiny black fly hidden in the shadows at the base of the bowl.

More than likely 68 percent of the world would see the bowl of fruit. About 12 percent may or may not notice the fly in the shadows. Only about 18 percent would say, "Hey check out that little black fly!" It is the 18 percent that people are searching for to identify and share their experience without the threat of being labeled or judged by their encounter.

It is also that 18 percent that will push the world forward and promote change, new ideas, technologies, advancements in medicine. Even if you're not one who is actively involved in those changes you do understand the concepts and the importance and assist them in your interest to move forward.
If your neighbor, family member, coworker, or even local police officer is one of those who have had a sighting or an experience they are not weird or strange just a unique integral part of what makes society work as a whole.

Author's note: I have made every attempt to properly reference the materials I read to formulate opinions of this survey. The majority of the personality type's project references are based on Dr. David Kiersey's work in the subject concerning the Temperament Groups and the Portraits.

References:
http://www.personalitypage.com/
http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes1.htm
http://www.keirsey.com/drdavidkeirsey.aspx
http://www.davenevins.com/personalities/main/percentages.htm
http://www.teamtechnology.co.uk/myersbriggs.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers-Briggs_Type_Indicator
http://www.wischik.com/damon/Texts/myersbriggstrek.html
#5 [ Top | Reply to Topic ]